Get Quote
Get Quote


Q. How much does a policy cost?

Prices vary depending on certain factors, such as age, destination, the trip duration and the level of cover chosen.

Q. How can I buy a policy?

You can buy a policy online using the following debit or credit cards: American Express, Mastercard, Maestro and Visa. Simply enter your trip details and follow the process.

Q. How do I know that buying my policy online is secure?

Covered2go Travel Insurance uses a secure payment gateway that takes the debit/credit card transaction directly and securely through the bank. We do not have any access to your card details, as the payment will be approved or declined by your banking institution. The connection through to your bank uses a 40bit encrypted SSL Web Server Certificate so that the information is encrypted or scrambled making it impossible to intercept or steal. Once the payment has been made your Travel Policy will be instantly confirmed by email.

Q. How do I get my insurance documents?

When you buy a policy, we will send you an email confirming your purchase of cover immediately. Please note that some email providers do place our Confirmation emails into SPAM/JUNK folders, due to their automated nature.

Q. When do I start my policy?

Single Trip & Long Stay Policies – The start date and end date of the policy should correspond with the dates of travel. Cancellation cover will become effective the date the premium is paid, and the policy is issued. Annual Multi-Trip Policy – Unlike the Single Trip and Long Stay policy, an Annual policy should start when a holiday is booked (and not the start date of the first trip) so that the pre-travel cancellation cover is in force, as detailed in section A1 of the policy wording. These policies will terminate on the expiry date of your policy, as detailed on your certificate of insurance.

Q. Do I have to be a UK resident?

Our insurance policies are only available to residents of the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or British Forces Posted Overseas. We define UK Residents as people who have their main home in the United Kingdom or the Channel Islands and who have not spent more than six months overseas in the year before buying this policy.

Q. Can I purchase a policy if I have already started my journey?

A policy must start before leaving the UK. You cannot purchase a Covered2go policy if you have already started your travels.

Q. What is the maximum trip duration?

Our Annual Multi-Trip Policy provides cover for trips up to 31 days as standard. Trips of up to 45 days and 60 days can be purchased upon payment of an additional premium. We offer Single Trip policies of up to 365 days, and a Long Stay Policy of up to 548 days trip duration.

Q. Are there any age restrictions on the policy?

Age restrictions apply to the Covered2go policies. Details are given under Criteria for Purchase on page 1 of the policy wording, and are as follows:

SINGLE TRIPS POLICIES: No Maximum Age Limit applies.

ANNUAL MULTI-TRIP POLICIES: Maximum Age 79 No cover is provided on our policies for Permanent Disablement if you are under 18 or over aged 75. Accidental Death payment is reduced to £3,500 if under 18 or over 75. No cover operates if you have deliberately exposed yourself to danger and that the incident is due to an accident and not illness, intoxication or infection.

LONGSTAY POLICIES: Maximum Age 64 No cover is provided on our policies for Permanent Disablement if you are under 18. Accidental Death payment is reduced to £1,500 if under 18. No cover operates if you have deliberately exposed yourself to danger and that the incident is due to an accident and not illness, intoxication or infection.

Q. What do I do if I have a medical condition?

Click on the link below and scroll down to the questions detailed in the Policy wordings, entitled “Disclosure of your Medical Conditions”. If you answer ‘YES’ to any of the questions, you should make a medical declaration to Travel Administration Facilities (TAF), either by completing a medical screening declaration on-line at or by calling them on 0203 829 6587. You may be required to pay an additional premium to cover your declared medical conditions when they have been considered by TAF. If you are happy with the terms offered, you should pay the additional premium directly to TAF.
The main policy must be purchased with Covered2go and a top up policy arranged through TAF in respect of pre-existing medical conditions. The two policies will run concurrently.

Q. What activities does the Winter Sports extension cover?

The Winter Sports extension is available at an additional cost and provides cover for Ski equipment, Delayed ski equipment, Loss of ski pack, Piste closure and Avalanche closure, PLUS all activities detailed in Activity Packs 1–3. Click the link for further details:

Q. Where do I find more information on Activity Packs?

The Policy covers an extensive range of sports and activities as standard under Activity Pack 1. Click the link below for fur

Q. Do I need insurance if I have a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)?

Yes – The European Health Insurance Card (or EHIC) allows anyone who is insured by, or covered by a statutory social security scheme of the EEA countries and Switzerland to receive medical treatment in another member state free or at a reduced cost. It does not provide any other benefits.

Q. Can I change my mind and cancel my policy?

Our policies contain a Cooling Off period of 14 days from the purchase date of the policy. You will be entitled to a full refund during this period providing you have not travelled, claimed on the policy, or there are any circumstances which may lead to a claim. Outside of the Cooling Off period, a refund will only be considered if you have not travelled on the policy, made a claim, or there are any circumstances which may lead to a claim, as follows: Single Trip policies – 50% premium refund. Annual Multi Trip policies – 5% for each full calendar month remaining on the policy. Please refer to your policy wording for full details on how to cancel your policy.

Q. Can I choose which Travel Agent I book through?

Yes. Covered2go Travel Insurance is an independent insurance provider and a policy may be purchased independently.

Q. How can I purchase a policy for a group booking?

You can purchase a group policy through the Covered2go website for up to 7 people. If the group exceeds 7 people, please email providing the following information: All passenger names and ages Dates of the trip Territory Trip Value (per person) Any other relevant information such as Activities, Cruise Connection, Excess Waiver, Travel Disruption or Winter Sports.

Q. In respect of Scheduled Airline Failure, what do you mean by 'inclusive holidays'?

Inclusive holidays are where a flight is purchased with other component parts of the trip e.g. through a tour operator. Where one or more components are booked at the same time. These trips are usually covered under the Air Travel Organisers License (ATOL) arranged by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA).. The Holiday Financial Failure cover has been designed to include everything outside the ATOL e.g. flight only bookings or where policyholders build up their holidays themselves by booking the end suppliers directly (e.g. arrange flight, then book directly with hotel and arrange taxi from airport etc).

Q. What do I do if I cannot find the correct cover?

Our policies are designed to cover a wide range of trips and activities. However, we understand that ‘once in a lifetime’ trips are booked from time to time and we work very closely with the Underwriting team at Travel Insurance Facilities (TIF) to try to cover these eventualities. Please email providing full details of the trip for a tailored quote to be requested. Please include the following: Passenger ages Dates of the trip (Single Trip or Annual) Territory Trip Value (per person) Also include other relevant information such as Activities, Cruise Cover, Excess Waiver, or Winter Sports extensions. (If the activity you intend to do is not listed in the Policy wording, please supply a web link to provide more details and to assist our Underwriters.)

Q. Who do I contact in the event of a medical emergency?

You (or your representative) should call an ambulance using the local equivalent of a 999 number, or alternatively by dialling 112 within the EU, and then contact Emergency Assistance Facilities on +44 (0) 203 829 6745 for advice.

Q. Can I use a private clinic or hospital facility for treatment?

You should request to go to the nearest public/state medical facility. If in Europe, you should show your EHIC card as medical treatment will be free or at a reduced cost. IMPORTANT – The Policy does not provide cover for private healthcare. Some hotels will urge people to seek private treatment, however, these facilities vary greatly and are not necessarily equipped to deal with all emergencies. They may also give medical attention at over inflated prices.

Q. How do I obtain a claim form?

Claims forms can be found at

Q. Where do I send my completed claim form to?

Travel Claims Facilities PO Box 395 Monks Green Farm Mangrove Lane HERTFORD SG13 9JW

Q. What documents should I send with my claim form?

Refer to the claim form which relates to your situation. A detailed list of the supporting documentation will be given on the claim form. Claims forms can be found at

Q. Who should I contact to discuss a claim?

Travel Claims Facilities can be contacted by telephone on 0203 829 6761 or email: mail:

Q. Can I still claim even if I don't have receipts for all my personal possessions?

Yes. These claims will still be considered but please be aware that will still be asked to provide proof of ownership for the lost or stolen items. We understand you might not be able to produce receipts for every item, however, we do expect that you some evidence of ownership is provided. Typically, the insurers may accept photographic evidence in conjunction with warranty cards, manuals, receipts, bank or credit card statements as proof of ownership. In the end, common sense prevails, and you should ask yourself, "Do these documents conclusively prove I have owned this item?".

Q. Am I covered for loss of cash?

Yes, providing that this section is covered under your policy. Also, there is a sub-limit within the personal money section for cash. Please refer to the policy wording for details on the cover limit for loss of cash.

Q. How do I amend details on the policy?

i.e. name, address, age? Please email with full details of the changes required. It is our aim to respond to you within 48 hours.

Q. If I want to upgrade my policy, who do I contact?

The Covered2go Sales Team will be delighted to assist you and can be contacted on our Customer Service line, 0344 482 7753. We are available to answer queries Monday – Friday, 9am–5.30pm, or simply email us at

Q. How will I remember all the different contact numbers?

All the relevant contact numbers are summarised on the second page of your policy document. These can also be found by clicking the 'Contact Us' tab on the website.

Q. If I have any other queries, who do I contact?

You may contact our friendly Covered2go Sales Team on 0344 482 7755 for a quote or with any queries prior to purchasing a Policy. We are open from 9AM-5.30PM on Monday to Friday. Policy Upgrades – If you have purchased a Covered2go policy and wish to discuss any aspect of your policy, or enquire about upgrades or amendments, please get in touch with our After Sales Team via email at or call us on 0344 482 7753 for assistance. We are open from 9AM-5.30PM on Monday to Friday.
Updated 22.06.18